ANNOUNCEMENT - PARKING TODAY MEDIA
FREE EMPLOYMENT ADS
Effective until further notice, employment ads can be placed in Parking Today’s print edition and on line at no charge. Please send any such ads to email@example.com and she will take it from there.
If there is anything the Parking Today family can do to assist in these troubled times, just let us know.
John Van Horn
Editor and Publisher
ANNOUNCEMENT - SERVICES
Smarking Launches Parking Industry Benchmark
|Gain cross-board visibility of the parking market, nationally and locally - keep a pulse on how your locations stack up to better assess competitive gaps and develop a data-driven action plan. Learn more and schedule a free demo.|
Metro's Office of Real Estate and Parking is seeking to hire an experienced Project Manager to oversee the capital projects for the transit authority's parking portfolio. This position will focus on parking facilities' maintenance and inspection programs for a large, complex parking operation as well as coordinate with Metro's office of engineering and architecture, as well as others, on design and construction plans for parking facility rehabilitations and other projects. Other responsibilities for this position are to review design plans submitted by Metro's private real estate development partners to ensure Metro's safe access to parking is ensured and properly planned and designed. The successful candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and broad knowledge and experience in the following areas;
- Reviews of concept development plans, design drawings, and traffic studies and plans
- Design, construction and/or maintenance of large parking facilities and structures
- Experience developing and reviewing project budgets
- Experience overseeing garage inspections and/or construction
- Identifying safety hazards and compliance
This position will also require the incumbent to travel within the Washington region along the Metrorail system conduct field visits of Metro's parking portfolio.
Interested candidates should visit www.wmata.com/careers, and apply to Job Opening 200331.
Interflight Parking Company is currently recruiting a General Manager for our contract with Milwaukee County’s General Mitchell International Airport parking operations. Interflight Parking is the fastest growing airport parking management company in the United States. Our fresh approach to airport parking has allowed us to elevate the airport parking experience while reducing operating costs by 30%. The result? Interflight has earned a highly respected reputation with corporate clients, individual customers, and industry peers.
Our General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership, management and operational controls of Michell Field’s car parking facilities with a focus on customer satisfaction and optimizing a high return to our client through maintaining levels of operational performance, driving revenue, and commercial requirements. The individual in this role will work directly with Michell Field’s senior executive team, manage a $35.0M annual budget, oversee a team of 70+, and be responsible for a 24/7/365 operation that also includes shuttle bus and valet services.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Recruit, hire, train, and schedule employees
- Maintain and implement company policies throughout all areas of operation
- Develop and implement business strategies that increase customer numbers and maximize the profitability of the parking operations
- Ensure that high levels of customer service are maintained through all areas of the business
- Financial analysis and audit review
- Develop and maintain client relationship
- Demonstrate leadership and direction by setting clear goals and expectations and by revising local operating procedures and then monitor performance
- Maintain regular contact with client
- Set and achieve quarterly goals based on company’s expectations
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all necessary departments
- Complete and submit accurate and timely periodic reports as required
- Responsible for budget development and management process
- Regular review of lot physical conditions and all parking operations
- Develop new procedures to enhance daily operations
- Identify, reach out, and establish new relationships with businesses within 90 minutes of General Mitchell International Airport
Preferred candidates will have substantial parking, airport facility, hospitality, or logistics management experience (5+ years); a four-year bachelor’s degree; and proven leadership experience. In addition, qualified applicants should possess the following capabilities:
Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to analyze financial and business reports and to contribute to the efficiency and
- profitability of the business.
- Must be able to take initiative and effectively lead, motivate and manage a team of staff at the operations level.
- Must be a pro-active, self-starter who is able to work independently
- Exceptionally focused, organized, flexible, detail-oriented and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent, high quality management input into the business operations on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of business plans and budgets.
- Understanding of the cash reconciliation process.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve operational issues.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and experience with automated point of sale equipment in a server-based networked environment.
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check including motor vehicle check
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package including an incentive plan, vehicle allowance, paid time off and health insurance.
Qualified applicants should apply at https://www.interflightparking.com/copy-of-about
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H